Thursday, August 20, 2009

Word Vomit

Ok.

So what is it with me that I decided to make a blog?

Why on earth would I want to share my whole life with billions of people on the web?

As corny or as sentimental as it may sound, I was inspired by Anne Frank. Yes, I LOVE to read books, actually I just finished reading Frank's Diary and now I'm reading Dorian Gray - but that's another story.

(*just an FYI, I just finished CTRL + ALT + DELETE -ing my computer because there was an error with Zoundry. I'm trying this blog application so I don't need to go to livejournal.com everytime I want to post something. But looks like I'm gonna go there after all coz the s* Error Window keeps on popping up)

Anyway, back to Anne Frank (now I know why I finally decided to do this, I'm having WORD VOMIT right now, I can't stop telling about ALOT of things. I shou-- ooppss, gotta get back to Anne Frank now). If you haven't read the book - I'm telling you, READ THE BOOK! She's this barely-teenager who is stuck inside a "Secret Annexe" for almost 2 years because of the Nazi occupation in Holland. Her family decided to go on hiding so that they won't go to a concentration camp where they would be digging 24/7, without decent food, clothing, and a bed. But unfortunately, someone tipped the Gestapo (google it!) that they were hiding in this "Secret Annexe" so they were later found and was sent to a concentration camp (so much for waiting for 2 years for their liberation).

She didn't tell anything about her life outside the "Secret Annexe" because when they were captured, she left the diary. And that was the saddest part of all. Like, you never thought that you wouldn't be able to add another entry in your diary because the next day, you were being dragged outside your house.

She never really had the chance to venge out her anger or emotions to her family or to those who are with them. Even to her so-called boyfriend Peter. Anne thinks that nobody would ever understand her and that the only way for her to take out her emotions is to write in her diary. There were ALOT of intimate things written in that diary, I should say. Her fears, anger, problems with boys, menstruation and even her short period of being obssessed with one's --- CENSORED.

I think that I'm a bit like her in a few ways. #1: I am talkative. I talk ALOT and type ALOT - Anne on the other hand, talk ALOT and write ALOT. #2: I looove talking about boys, Anne likes it too. #3 Sometimes, I think that even my own boyfriend and parents won't understand some of the things in my mind so I just keep it - Anne's like that too.

But there's one thing that we're not the same - I'm in a free country now, and she wasn't. Don't expect that what I would write here - or TYPE here would be the same issues as hers because alot of things in her diary were about being a Jew, or her beloved Holland and how Hitler made them feel bad for being a Jew. I wouldn't want to expect also that all my entries will make sense - most of my entries won't make sense, I'm warning you (I'm just in the mood now to share my thoughts, maybe it's because I'm the only one who's awake here in our house so nobody will see me typing this).

Anyhoo, I hope that I made a good start. I'm looking forward to Typing on you again.

Wait.

Do I need to name you also? Like what Anne did to her diary?

Nah =)

No comments:

Post a Comment